Please follow these simple instructions when using your Forno Allegro wood fired oven:-
BEFORE FIRST TIME USE
Before using your oven to cook food it is important that the stone slab is brought up to the optimum operating temperature slowly.
- Create a small fire with a little kindling and take it slowly at a temperature of 100 ° C max the first time, allow the temperature to fall back before taking it to a temperature of 150 ° C max the second time, let this cool off and then finally a third time to 200 ° C max, and let off slowly. Do not use water to cool or put out the fire.
- Once completely cool wash the stone slab thoroughly with warm water
Taking care of your oven:-
- Do not put out the fire with water;
- Once completely cool, wash the slab base with damp cloth
- Do not wet the stone while the oven is hot to avoid thermal shock
- Do not use detergents
- Clean the oven externally with warm water and a non-abrasive cloth
- Any residue of foods on the basis of volcanic stone can be removed once the oven is cool with a an abrasive pad, or clean (with half a lemon). The surface of the stone does not scratch, so you can use a steel spatula to remove food debris if required.
- The stainless steel parts (without coating) can be cleaned with a damp cloth and with the addition of a few drops of stainless steel cleaner, and then clean with a damp cloth and lukewarm water
- Small cracks and fissures that form in time will not affect the functionality of your oven
- In order to better protect your oven when not in use keep it protected from the weather. We recommend a heavy duty waterproof cover.
If you have any questions or concerns about using or cleaning your oven please contact us by email.